- 1 How do you quote lines from a play in an essay?
- 2 How do you cite Shakespeare quotes?
- 3 How do you cite a quote from a screenplay?
- 4 How do you in text cite a drama?
- 5 How do you quote someone in an essay?
- 6 How do you cite a quote from a website?
- 7 How do you quote Romeo and Juliet?
- 8 How do you cite a play in APA in-text?
- 9 How do you quote a prologue?
- 10 How do you in-text cite a long title?
- 11 Does paraphrasing need in-text citation?
- 12 How do you introduce in-text citations?
- 13 How do you cite a novella in an essay?
- 14 How do you do a work cited page?
- 15 How do you in-text cite Oresteia?
How do you quote lines from a play in an essay?
When quoting a conversation between two or more characters in a play, start the quote on a new line, indented 1/2 an inch from the left margin. Write the name of the first speaker in capital letters, followed by a period and the speaker’s line (s). Do the same for the next speaker(s) as necessary.
How do you cite Shakespeare quotes?
When citing Shakespeare plays, list the ACT, SCENE, and LINES in parenthetical citations (page numbers are NOT included), separated by periods. Enclose the citation in parentheses. For example: (Macbeth 1.3.
How do you cite a quote from a screenplay?
A citation for an unpublished script is set up with the author’s name (last name first), followed by a period; the title in italics, followed by a period; the type of work, followed by a comma; and the year. For example: Baker, Stephanie. The Night Came.
How do you in text cite a drama?
MLA Style Guide — DRAMA
- Use the full title at its first mention in your text, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. E.g. “In All’s Well That Ends Well (AWW), Shakepeare”
- Any subsequent references to the title may be abbreviated.
- See the MLA Handbook, sections 7.7 & 7.7. 2 for more information.
How do you quote someone in an essay?
Start the quotation on a new line, with the entire quote indented 1/2 inch from the left margin while maintaining double-spacing. Your parenthetical citation should come after the closing punctuation mark. When quoting verse, maintain original line breaks. (You should maintain double-spacing throughout your essay.)
How do you cite a quote from a website?
Cite web pages in text as you would any other source, using the author and date if known. Keep in mind that the author may be an organization rather than a person. For sources with no author, use the title in place of an author. For sources with no date use n.d. (for no date) in place of the year: (Smith, n.d.).
How do you quote Romeo and Juliet?
Structure: Play author. “Play Title.” Title of book, author(s) or editor(s), publisher, year of publication, page number(s). Example: Shakespeare, William. Romeo and Juliet.
How do you cite a play in APA in-text?
To cite a play in a reference entry in APA style 6th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the play: Give the last name and initials (e. g. Watson, J. D.) of up to seven authors with the last name preceded by an ampersand (&).
- Year of publication: Give the year in brackets followed by a full stop.
How do you quote a prologue?
Structure: last name, first name. Book title, book how to cite a prologue from a book author first name last name, publisher, year published, page numbers. Example: masur, louis p. The civil war: a concise history, by daniel chan, oxford up,, pp.
How do you in-text cite a long title?
When an in- text citation refers to a work with a long title, a shortened phrase from the title should be used. Care should be taken to shorten the title in such a way that it does not compromise the reader’s ability to locate the source on the Works Cited list.
Does paraphrasing need in-text citation?
Paraphrasing. When you write information or ideas from a source in your own words, cite the source by adding an in- text citation at the end of the paraphrased portion. Include a full in- text citation with the author name and page number (if there is one).
How do you introduce in-text citations?
Short quotations Introduce the quotation with a signal phrase that includes the author’s last name followed by the date of publication in parentheses. According to Jones (1998), “Students often had difficulty using APA style, especially when it was their first time” (p. 199).
How do you cite a novella in an essay?
To cite the title of a story in an essay, you need to include the author and page number in MLA or the author and date in APA. In a Chicago essay, you make an in-text citation using the author and date or endnotes/ footnotes, depending on whether you are using author-date or notes-biblio style.
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited (do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
How do you in-text cite Oresteia?
MLA (7th ed.) Aeschylus,, and Robert Fagles. The Oresteia. New York, N.Y: Penguin Books, 1998.