- 1 How do I find my devices on Google Play?
- 2 Why does Google play say I don’t have any devices?
- 3 How do I manage my devices on Google Play?
- 4 Can I use my Google Play account on multiple devices?
- 5 What devices can you use Google Play on?
- 6 How do I add a device?
- 7 How do I fix Google play if I don’t have devices?
- 8 How do I add a device to my Google account?
- 9 How do I make my device compatible with apps?
- 10 How do I change my device on Google Play?
- 11 How do I update my device on Google Play?
- 12 What does device connected mean on Google Play store?
- 13 How do I add a device to my Google home?
- 14 How do I set up Google pay on multiple devices?
- 15 Can I use my YouTube account on two devices?
How do I find my devices on Google Play?
Go to the Google Play store from your computer’s Web browser, click on the gear icon at the top-right-hand corner of the screen, and select the Settings option. You will be brought to a page titled ” My Devices,” which lists all the smartphones and tablets you have registered to your Google account.
Why does Google play say I don’t have any devices?
You may receive this error message when you sign in to the Google Play website with a different Google account than that your Android device uses. Please make sure that you sign in with the correct Google account. This error message may also appear if your Android device does not meet the system requirements.
How do I manage my devices on Google Play?
See devices that have used your account
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, select Security.
- On the Your devices panel, select Manage devices.
- You’ll see devices where you’re currently signed in to your Google Account. For more details, select a device.
Can I use my Google Play account on multiple devices?
Yes You Can use multiple accounts in different Android Phones. It will also sync all your data in both devices. Both versions let you choose your sync settings on both devices, so you can still be logged in as the same Google account holder on both devices.
What devices can you use Google Play on?
Adding a new device to Google Play is as simple as linking your Google account to a new Android phone, tablet, or Chromebook. If you have an Amazon Fire tablet, you can use some workarounds to load the Play Store and download general Android apps.
How do I add a device?
Many also say “Made by Google” or “Made for Google.” Find accessories in the Google Store.
- Turn on a new device that isn’t set up yet. Put the device in pairing mode.
- Turn on your phone’s screen.
- On your phone, you’ll get a notification offering to set up the new device.
- Tap the notification.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
How do I fix Google play if I don’t have devices?
You Don’t Have Any Devices
- Power off the devices, power them back on, open Play Store app: no fix.
- Clear the cache and force close Google Play Store on both devices: no fix.
- Log out of Google, then clear the cache and force close Google Play Store on both devices: no fix.
How do I add a device to my Google account?
Add & use accounts on your device
- If you haven’t already, set up a Google account.
- Open your device’s Settings app.
- Tap Accounts Add account. Google.
- Follow the instructions to add your account.
- If needed, repeat steps to add multiple accounts.
How do I make my device compatible with apps?
To fix the “your device is not compatible with this version” error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again.
How do I change my device on Google Play?
Log in to the web interface of the Play Store and click the settings button in the top right corner and select My Orders and Settings (or use this direct link). Next, select the Settings tab and you’ll see your devices. From here, just click on Edit and type the name you wish to give the device and click Update.
How do I update my device on Google Play?
Update Android apps manually
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device. Apps with an update available are labeled ” Update available.” You can also search for a specific app.
- Tap Update.
What does device connected mean on Google Play store?
It means that which ever device it is, your account was logged into it. It can be a browser on a desktop, a mobile browser, an app, etc…. It connected to your account because your account was logged in.
How do I add a device to my Google home?
Step 2. Connect smart home devices to your speakers and displays
- Open the Google Home app.
- At the top left, tap Add Set up device. Works with Google.
- Select the manufacturer of the device from the list.
- Follow the in-app steps to complete setup.
How do I set up Google pay on multiple devices?
Once you’ve signed in to Google Pay on one smartphone, signing into the app on a second phone will boot the other one out. You’ll be walked through the entire process of setup again, and after the new device is verified, the other smartphone will refresh and show an “account used on another device ” warning.
Can I use my YouTube account on two devices?
As a YouTube Premium member, you can enjoy the selection of free movies from YouTube Movies & Shows without ad interruptions. For such movies, you are only able to stream on up to two devices at a time per YouTube Premium account and up to four devices at a time per YouTube Premium family plan.