- 1 How do you cite a play from a book?
- 2 How do you in text cite a story within a textbook?
- 3 How do you cite a whole play in MLA?
- 4 How do I cite a play in an essay?
- 5 How do you in text cite a play title?
- 6 How do you cite a play in APA in text?
- 7 How do you cite a story?
- 8 How do you cite the Bible in APA?
- 9 How do you cite a chapter in a textbook in APA?
- 10 How do you cite a drama?
- 11 How do you cite a script?
- 12 How do you do a work cited page?
- 13 Do you underline a Play title in an essay?
- 14 How do you quote a dialogue?
- 15 How do you cite Romeo and Juliet?
How do you cite a play from a book?
Author last name, First name. Play Title. Collection/Anthology Title, edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year, Page range.
How do you in text cite a story within a textbook?
How to Cite a Short Story in a Textbook
- List the author of the short story.
- Type the name of the short story one space after the period and put it in quotation marks.
- Write the name of the textbook in italics one space after the quotation mark.
How do you cite a whole play in MLA?
Playwright full name, Play Title (City: Publisher, Year), page #. Bibliography: Playwright last name, First name. Play Title.
How do I cite a play in an essay?
If writing about one play, use the author’s last name in the parenthetical citation. However, if writing a paper that refers to more than one work, use the play’s title. For example: If one were to write a paper on Othello in which he or she quoted only that play, Shakespeare would be used in the citation.
How do you in text cite a play title?
Italicize titles if the source is self-contained and independent. Titles of books, plays, films, periodicals, databases, and websites are italicized. Place titles in quotation marks if the source is part of a larger work. Articles, essays, chapters, poems, webpages, songs, and speeches are placed in quotation marks.
How do you cite a play in APA in text?
To cite a play in a reference entry in APA style 6th edition include the following elements:
- Author(s) of the play: Give the last name and initials (e. g. Watson, J. D.) of up to seven authors with the last name preceded by an ampersand (&).
- Year of publication: Give the year in brackets followed by a full stop.
How do you cite a story?
Author last name, First name. “ Story Title.” Book Title, edited by Editor first name Last name, Publisher, Year, pp. Page range. Melville, Herman. Citing a short story found online.
|Format||Author last name, First name. “ Story Title.” Website Name, Day Month Year, URL.|
How do you cite the Bible in APA?
Citing the Bible
- When quoting the Bible, you must cite the Bible version in the body of the paper and include it in your reference list.
- Template: Bible Version, Date of Publication, Book chapter and verse.
- Please see the sample student paper or sample graduate paper for a detailed discussion of citing the Bible.
How do you cite a chapter in a textbook in APA?
Citing a Book Chapter: Print Version
- General Format:
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year)
- In-Text Citation (Direct Quote):
- (Author’s Last Name of Chapter, year, page number)
- Chapter Author’s Last Name, First Initial. Second Initial. (Year). Chapter or article title.
How do you cite a drama?
MLA Style Guide — DRAMA
- Use the full title at its first mention in your text, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. E.g. “In All’s Well That Ends Well (AWW), Shakepeare”
- Any subsequent references to the title may be abbreviated.
- See the MLA Handbook, sections 7.7 & 7.7. 2 for more information.
How do you cite a script?
- Name of the movie script author.
- Name of the movie script (Manuscript)
- Name of the city where the script was published (if this has been published)
- Publisher’s name (if this has been published)
- Page number from where the citation has been picked.
- URL of the script (if it is taken from an online source)
How do you do a work cited page?
- Begin your Works Cited page on a separate page at the end of your research paper.
- Label the page Works Cited ( do not italicize the words Works Cited or put them in quotation marks) and center the words Works Cited at the top of the page.
- Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries.
Do you underline a Play title in an essay?
Titles of longer written works are underlined or italicized. Longer written works include books, full-length plays, films, longer musical compositions, and periodicals. (The title of a longer work is italicized or underlined.)
How do you quote a dialogue?
4. Quoting a portion of dialogue: If you quote something a character says, use double quotation marks on the outside ends of the quotation to indicate that you are quoting a portion of the text. Use single quotation marks inside the double quotation marks to indicate that someone is speaking.
How do you cite Romeo and Juliet?
Structure: Play author. “Play Title.” Title of book, author(s) or editor(s), publisher, year of publication, page number(s). Example: Shakespeare, William. Romeo and Juliet.