- 1 How do I play music from my phone on my Sonos?
- 2 Can I play my iTunes library on Sonos?
- 3 How do I connect my iPhone to Sonos?
- 4 Why can’t I play my music library on Sonos?
- 5 Why can’t I play my iPhone music on Sonos?
- 6 Where is Sonos music library stored?
- 7 Can I play my iPhone music through Sonos?
- 8 How do I link iTunes to Sonos?
- 9 Can I play my own music on Sonos?
- 10 How do I bluetooth my phone to Sonos?
- 11 Does Sonos use Bluetooth?
- 12 Why is my phone not connecting to Sonos?
- 13 How do I connect Sonos to my music?
- 14 How do I connect Sonos to my music library?
How do I play music from my phone on my Sonos?
Audio files downloaded to your Android device can be played on your Sonos system using the Sonos app. Play music from “This Mobile Device”
- Open the Sonos app for Android.
- From the Browse tab, tap This Mobile Device.
- Choose the music you want to play.
Can I play my iTunes library on Sonos?
Sonos Controller App for iOS or Android: Touch “Manage Music Library ” under “Settings”. Then select “Update Music Index Now”. Touch “Scan Now” to confirm.
How do I connect my iPhone to Sonos?
Sonos S1 app for iOS or Android
- Connect your device to the WiFi network that Sonos is on.
- Open the Sonos app.
- When you see the message “ Sonos found” at the top of the screen, tap Connect.
- Tap Let’s connect.
- Once you see “ Connected to your Sonos system,” select Done.
Why can’t I play my music library on Sonos?
If the computer or NAS drive is powered off or asleep, Sonos will not be able to reach your music files and you’ll see an error message that Sonos is unable to connect to the music share. Make sure that the computer or NAS drive where the music is stored is powered on, connected to the network, and not sleeping.
Why can’t I play my iPhone music on Sonos?
Starting today, the ‘On this iPhone or iPad’ feature will no longer be available in the Sonos app. The best way to play the music stored on your phone to Sonos is now by using Apple AirPlay 2 on compatible Sonos speakers ( Sonos One, Amp, Beam, Play:5 (Gen 2), Playbase, and SYMFONISK WiFi Speakers).
Where is Sonos music library stored?
The music library is still stored on your computer or networked location that you directed Sonos to. The players don’t have the memory to store a music library on them.
Can I play my iPhone music through Sonos?
If you’re able to store your music on a Mac, PC, or a network-attached storage (NAS) drive, you can share it to Sonos using the Sonos app for macOS or Windows. Once your music library is set up you can browse and play that music from the Sonos app on your iOS device.
Add your music library to Sonos
- Open the Sonos app for macOS or Windows.
- From the Manage menu, select Music Library Settings.
- Click + (plus) on macOS, or Add if you are using Windows.
- If you use iTunes or are not sure where your music is stored, select My Music folder.
Can I play my own music on Sonos?
To play your own music from your Android device on Sonos, follow the steps below: Open the Sonos app on your Android device. Go to the Browse tab and tap on This Mobile Device. Choose the music or playlist you want to play.
How do I bluetooth my phone to Sonos?
1) Switch Move to Bluetooth mode Find the Mode button located on the back of your Move between the Power and Join button. Press the button once to switch to Bluetooth Mode. Move will chime and the LED on top of the speaker will turn blue.
Does Sonos use Bluetooth?
Portable Sonos products can connect to your devices using Bluetooth. To pair with a Bluetooth device, you must first put your Sonos product in Bluetooth discovery mode.
Why is my phone not connecting to Sonos?
Make sure you have the latest version of the Sonos app on your iOS or Android device before continuing. o If the app shows “We can’t connect to Sonos,” tap This isn’t working. 2. Tap More Options, then Update Wi-Fi Settings.
How do I connect Sonos to my music?
- Open the Sonos app.
- From the Settings tab, tap Services & Voice.
- Under Music & Content, tap Add a Service.
- Tap the service you would like to add.
- Tap Add to Sonos.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the music service account.
How do I connect Sonos to my music library?
iOS or Android
- Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
- From the Settings tab, tap System > Music Library > Update Music Index Now.
- Tap Scan Now.