- 1 Why is there no sound on my TV when connected to the laptop with HDMI?
- 2 How do you get HDMI sound from laptop to TV?
- 3 How do I get sound on my TV through HDMI?
- 4 Does HDMI carry audio from PC to TV?
- 5 How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
- 6 How do I get sound through HDMI on Samsung TV?
- 7 Why is sound not working on TV?
- 8 What is HDMI Audio Out?
- 9 Does HDMI transfer audio?
Why is there no sound on my TV when connected to the laptop with HDMI?
Set the TV to the correct video input to receive the signal from the source device. Set the audio output setting of the source device to output a compatible audio signal. You also may need to go into the set-top box menu and select HDMI in the Audio Settings or Audio Coding section to pass the audio to the TV.
How do you get HDMI sound from laptop to TV?
Follow steps below to set the HDMI device as Default Device:
- Right-click on the sound volume icon in the lower right corner of Windows. A context menu will pop up.
- Click Playback devices.
- In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI option. Click Set Default and click OK.
How do I get sound on my TV through HDMI?
Option 1: HDMI connection using the ARC feature
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI ports labeled ARC or the port identified in your manual that supports ARC.
- On your TV menu, set Speakers to Audio system.
- Turn on the Control for HDMI setting on your TV, and the A/V receiver or home theater system.
Does HDMI carry audio from PC to TV?
Does HDMI carry audio? Generally, the answer is yes. HDMI is a kind of interface used widely on computers and TVs to transmit audio and video data. However, some people find the HDMI sound not working while connecting computer to TV, monitor, or another device.
How do I get my LG TV to play sound through HDMI?
To access the Sound Out setting:
- Open the Settings menu either by using the button on your remote, or if your remote doesn’t have a Settings button, press the Home/Smart button, then click the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Audio / Sound menu.
- Choose Sound Out, then select TV Speakers.
How do I get sound through HDMI on Samsung TV?
How to connect an HDMI cable
- Prepare an HDMI cable.
- Connect the cable to the TV’s HDMI IN (ARC).
- Connect to the HDMI OUT ( TV -ARC) port of the speaker that you want to connect.
- Turn the speakers on that are connected to the TV.
- The TV sound will be played through your external speakers.
Why is sound not working on TV?
The TV is not muted. Under Audio or Audio Settings on the on-screen menu, TV Speakers is set to On. All of the cables physically connected to the TV and the input devices are secure. Switch to a different input device and verify there is sound from the TV speakers (for example, a DVD player or a gaming console).
What is HDMI Audio Out?
Setting the HDMI audio signal output of connected devices ( HDMI Audio Out ) You can set the HDMI audio signal output of playback devices connected to the receiver via an HDMI connection. TV+AMP: The sound is output from the speaker of the TV and the speakers connected to the receiver.
Does HDMI transfer audio?
Audio Quality: HDMI is renowned for its video quality, but it also can carry audio without the need for multiple cables. HDMI supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound for loss-less, theatre-quality audio. HDMI 1.4 also supports audio return channel, which sends sound from your TV tuner to your receiver.